BVEStation Forum Rules
BVEStation has been around for quite a long time, however we have gotten several complaints and experienced many problems dealing with fellow members, especially in the past. The rules were basically ignored, and were not enforced very well by the administration, therefore we now have this complete re-write to get the forum back to its original purpose.
BVEStation Forums is for discussion of BVE and the fostering of ideas and development for the game. Anything from support, to creating content for the game is allowed to be posted on the forum. The forum is conveniently separated into several sections in which you can post your ideas, or ask for help in.
Section 1.General Rules of the Station
- This goes to every section of BVEStation including the gallery, forums, blog, PM system, teamspeak or any other contact medium through the BVEStation website.
1. Prohibited Activities
a. Illegal Discussion
- There is to be no discussion or posting about illegal activities including copying, cracking, hacking, stealing, sharing of keys, pirating, graffiti, fare beating, defacing of property, and/or damage to property, unless it is otherwise stated that it is legal.
b. Malicious Content
- Discussion or posting about malicious content, which may cause damage to either the forum, network, or fellow members computers.
c. Privacy of Members
- There is to be no posting of content that violates the privacy of another member, or copyright infringement of one others work without the member or author's permission.
d. We are PG-13
- This means no pornographic material.
e. Illegal indexing
- Indexing of files, or content on BVEStation is illegal, including but not limited to logging chats, downloading the entire site index at once, or making an offline copy of BVEStation.
2. Member Behavior and Conduct
a. Thrashing of another
- There is to be no flaming of another member, either through cursing, swearing (including using censoring characters like sh*t, etc.), racism, discrimination, sexually offensive or other offensive language.
Section 2.Specific Forum Rules of the Station
- Your posts should be intuitive and thoughtful, and have some type of purpose, as if you were writing an article, please conform to the following forum rules.
1. Posting Rules
a. Off Topic Posting
-There is to be no posting content which does not fit the current discussion in the topic, this will be removed without warning.
- There is to be no spamming of the forum this includes but not limited to topics which have no meaning or discussable content, thoughtless replies or comments, topics which contain illegal material, profane language, confusing topic titles, constant bumping of a topic, and inappropriate use of fonts (all caps, big fonts, scrolling messages, inappropriate emoticon uses are examples of this).
- There is to be no creating topics containing advertising or endorsing, this includes but not limited to advertising of your website, blog, social networking sites, and products. However you are allowed to place a small advertisement in your forum signature specifics are stated in the signature rules.
d. Dead Topics (Gravedigging)
- There is to be no posting in topics which are considered dead. Dead topics are generally considered dead when nobody has posted in them for 2 or more months, if you wish to make a valuable post in it, you may, but if its just a simple comment, please don't. This rule is not specific to days, rather it is rounded to the nearest month.
e. Other Sections
- Off topic sections not related to BVE have their own category, be sure your post fits in the correct locations. Some may have their own set of rules in addition to these.
f. Other Sites
- What happens at other websites may not be discussed on BVEStation, unless authorized by the BVEStation staff.
g. Posting Information
- When posting information for fellow members be mindful and intuitive, post links which will get members the information they want as fast as possible without the need to navigate, however be mindful to the fellow site if they do not allow hotlinking, most of the time they don't allow it in which case simply post a link.
h. English Only
- BVEStation is English only, you are to follow the basic conventions of English when posting in BVEStation, avoid use of chat acronyms or slang, BVEStation Forums is not a chat room.
i. Poll Topics
- There is to be NO topics consisting of asking for favorites, including but not limited to Favorite Train, Line, System, Bus, Car, Vehicle, Plane, Route, or any of that nature, unless authorized by an administrator.
2. Member Accounts
a. One Account
- Members may have 1 account per IP, per email, and per person
only, unless authorized by the administration. Clone IP registrations will have their second accounts rejected. Dynamic IP addresses are monitored exceptions.
b. Valid Email
- It is the member's responsibility to make sure they provide BVEStation with a valid email address to activate their account and receive updates.
c. Proxy Usage
- The use of proxies to register accounts on BVEStation is prohibited and will ultimately be rejected.
d. Staff Scrutiny of IP
- The staff has the right to analyze your IP if they believe it is malicious.
e. Display name
- If you want to have your display name changed, please contact an administrator to do this for you, you will only be allowed to make 2 or 3 changes out of your entire membership, so do not waste it.
f. Account Termination
- If you wish to terminate your BVEStation Forums membership, simply leave your account as is, and dont login, its as easy as that. If you wish to return for whatever reason, then use that same account you left, if you forgot your password use the Forgot your password link at the bottom of the log in screen. For further support email ipaclansite [at] yahoo [dot] com.
- You may place advertising in your signature as long it does not contain any discussions or information promoting illegal activity specified in section 1, Rule 1, Letter a.
- You are not allowed to post image signatures which are larger than 800px by 150px.
c. Sizes (again)
- Signatures may not exceed 10 lines including blank spaces, and text, if an image with the maximum size is used your signature may only have 3 lines under it.
- Signatures or Avatars may not contain any copyrighted, illegal, or pornographic material.
- The staff has the right to remove your signature or avatar if they feel it violates any rules, or causes significant problems in the forum, including but not limited to discussion about the signature itself in topics (which is considered off topic), or performance problems.
a. Image Sizes
- Image sizes may not exceed 800x600 however, they will automatically be re-sized by the forum.
b. Image Hosting
- It is recommended that you host your images off BVEStation, on imageshack, photobucket, or any other image hosting website.
a. Illegal Material
- Attachments may not contain illegal material, which have been stated above.
b. Size Limits
- Attachments may not exceed a certain size limit, the size is stated when you are uploading your file.
c. Valid Files Only
- Attachments may not be used to post random, or otherwise irrelevant material, repeated offenses of posting files which do not relate to the topic will be removed and the member will be warned.
6. Supreme Court
- Since the supreme court has been deprecated, all references from older topics pertaining to the Supreme Court will be handled directly by the administration.
Section 3.Member Responsibility
- Each member including the staff of BVEStation have a responsibility, please read them and follow them.
- It is the job of the administrators, moderators, and fellow staff members to enforce these rules and moderate discussions on the forum.
- The administration can be contacted should any problems around the forum occur, they will assist you in resolving any conflicts, or technical problems around the Station.
c. Member Punishment
- The administration is allowed to ban, moderate, warn or remove any member in which they believe has broken a rule, or is deemed a threat, with or without evidence.
- Administration sponsorship can allow a banned member back in, if the majority vote of the administrators agree, should the member violate the rule again, the administration has a right to permanently ban them.
- The use of BVEStation is not a right, but a privilege, it is your duty to follow and comply to these rules, and understand that if any violation of these rules occur will result in warnings and bans.
- Members may not ask for promotions or tokens on the BVEStation. This entitles you to no promotions at all, disregarding your activities, or assistance on the forum.
- Do not bug the administration, if you have a specific question about BVE to ask, please make a topic about it, if its concerning flaming or threats, this is the only time you may use the PM system to contact an administrator.
d. Common Sense
- Use common sense and proper judgment, any problems with the rules, or you wish to remove a ban
can request it be brought to the BVEStation Supreme Court, in which a trial will be granted, However, the administration has a right to deny a trial for you if deemed a threat to the members and administration.
you can request it by contacting an administrator through PM/email along with your reason and the administration will decide from there.
- Respect the administration's decisions, and actions, they are there to help and assist you with any forum related problems or member conflicts. If you find an administrator or moderator violating rules, please contact the head administrator ipaclansite.
As usual these rules are subject to change, and it is the member's responsiblity to check for these changes periodically.
These the rules of BVEStation.
Enjoy your stay.